Ylang Ylang Essential OilArOmis
Our ylang ylang essential oil is steam-distilled from the bright orange flowers of the Cananga tree (Cananga odorata). Cananga primarlily grows in tropical rainforest regions of Asia. Ylang ylang has been used for centuries in perfumes, in traditional ceremonies and as an aphrodisiac. Today, its applications in aromatherapy are wide-ranging. You might choose this oil for its sweet, floral aroma, or you might want to blend it with another oil like grapefruit, geranium or sandalwood. No matter which way you decide to use it, you can rest assured that it will bring you calm and comfort as incorporated into your own wellness routine.
Consider using a few drops in a carrier oil to create a sensual massage oil, or combine it with other grounding scents to create a personalized oil blend for use in a relaxing bath.
Uses & Benefits
- Ylang ylang is known to act as a sedative. It acts as an antidepressant, lowers blood pressure, and reduces anxiety.
- This oil may be used to help treat those who suffer from panic disorders.
- Ylang ylang is an aphrodisiac which may be used to promote a feeling of sensuality and treat sexual dysfunction.
- As an antiseptic, ylang ylang oil may help to reduce inflammation and prevent infection.
- Use a few drops on the temple as a perfume or mood-booster.
Whether you’re looking to improve your mood, cleanse the air or enjoy a romantic night in, you won’t regret adding this beautiful scent to your aromatherapy oil collection.
At ArOmis, we’re proud to offer the highest quality essential oils for you to elevate your home and soothe the soul. Take some time to browse through some of our amazing products, and please reach out with any questions as you go.
- Botanical Names:
- Cananga Odorata
- Parts of Plant Used:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin:
- South Africa
- Plant Origin:
- South Africa