Organic Neroli Essential OilArOmis
ArOmis’ organic neroli essential oil is steam-distilled from the blossoms of the bitter orange trees (Citrus aurantium amara) grown in many tropical and subtropical regions. Because of its intoxicating aroma and because the process of distillation requires special care, neroli is both highly sought after and higher in price. It is one of the more expensive essential oils, and is used in high-end perfumes and other beauty products.
Aromatically, neroli oil is similar to sweet orange oil but with a deeper, slightly spicy scent. It has strong antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
Uses & Benefits
- Neroli’s wonderful fragrance and healing properties make it a great choice for a skin balm. Blend a few drops into a handful of natural carrier oil to clear up acne or dermatitis.
- To reduce tension and anxiety, add a few drops of neroli with chamomile or lavender to your diffuser or inhale directly.
- Create a DIY massage oil with neroli and geranium to help with aches and pains.
- For the ultimate relaxation or to manage PMS symptoms, blend neroli with clary sage, geranium, frankincense, or palmarosa.
- Use neroli with ginger or grapefruit oil for an uplifting citrus-floral scent to help you wake up in the morning.
- To lower blood pressure, try blending neroli, lavender, and marjoram oil and inhale regularly.
- Create a DIY body spray using neroli (and your oil of choice) to cool down on hot days and help you feel centered.
Neroli oil is generally considered safe for use. However, always dilute oils into carrier oils like jojoba before using topically, and never ingest them. We recommend doing a test patch when using an oil that is new to you.
ArOmis’ neroli essential oil is certified organic in South Africa by the Swiss authority EcoCert. We support sustainable small-scale farming and fair trade practices where possible.
- Parts of Plant Used:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled
- Plant Origin:
- Country of Origin: