Organic Rosemary Essential OilArOmis
Our organic rosemary oil is steam-distilled from the flowers and leaves of the rosemary plant (Rosmarinus officinalis). Rosemary has long been used therapeutically by ancient cultures around its native Mediterranean habitat. You’ll recognize the common herb as one often used in cooking, but it has plenty of other uses and benefits.
Aromatically, rosemary smells herbaceous and slightly minty. Its active compounds include 1,8 cineole, a component that also gives eucalyptus its healing properties, and camphor.
Uses & Benefits
- Rosemary has incredible antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Add about 10 drops of rosemary and lemon oil per cup of distilled water in a small spray bottle to detoxify the air and clean surfaces.
- Rosemary is known as a stimulant, and as such may be used as an antidepressant and mood enhancer.
- Rosemary promotes circulation and may help with menstrual symptoms.
- Use rosemary with a wood-scented oil like cedarwood on the balls of your feet for grounding and balancing.
- May help to relieve spasms and stomach problems.
- Keep some handy to inhale through the day for a little pick-me-up, or use it with citrus oil in a diffuser to help with low energy.
- Use a carrier oil with a few drops of rosemary, peppermint and/or lavender for the perfect massage balm to rejuvenate sore muscles after a workout.
- Use it in your hair for softness and to reduce dandruff or other scalp problems.
Our organic rosemary essential oil is certified organic in South Africa. All of our essential oils are imported from our partners in South Africa who have been producing high-quality herbs, spices, and essential oils for over 50 years.
We aim to support sustainable agroforestry and ethical use of land wherever possible, preserving indigenous forests by growing high-value crops in harmony with the surrounding forests.
- Botanical Name:
- Rosmarinus Officinalis
- Parts of Plant Used:
- Flower & Leaves
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin:
- South Africa
- Plant Origin:
- South Africa