Organic Laurel Leaf Essential Oil (Bay Leaf)ArOmis
The laurel leaf wreath or crown is a well-known symbol of victory from ancient Greek and Roman times. Today we are most familiar with bay laurel leaves as we use them for cooking soups and stews. Our laurel leaf essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves of the bay laurel, Laurus nobilis.
Aromatically it is spicy minty, but quite mild compared to some similar pants containing the primary compound eucalyptol.
Uses & Benefits
- May be used to treat colds, flu, and tonsillitis.
- Bay laurel has been used in traditional medicine for spasms, bruises, headaches, and more.
- Add a few drops of this essential to your diffuser to create a calming, uplifting atmosphere.
- This oil is soothing for those struggling with aches and pains, including menstrual cramps. Blend with a carrier oil for a relaxing massage therapy session.
- Use on the skin to get rid of blemishes, or in a DIY shampoo for dandruff.
- Add a few drops to your homemade cleaner for a gentle but effective cleansing solution.
- Laurel leaf is an effective remedy for respiratory problems and may help to clear congestion.
- This essential oil can help to ease the discomfort of indigestion, gas, and nausea.
- Blend with roman chamomile, lavender, or lemon essential into a natural spray to reduce tension and promote feelings of comfort.
For best results and optimal health benefits, we recommend using only the highest quality, therapeutic grade aromatherapy essential oils
We have over 30 kinds of oils in stock, and we make it easy to shop our selection. With our competitive pricing and simple order and delivery process, relief and relaxation are just a click away. We do our best to get oils from sustainable and fair trade sources. If you have any questions about a product, our friendly staff are here to help.
- Botanical Names:
- Laurus nobilis
- Parts of Plant Used:
- Extraction Method: