German Chamomile Essential Oil (Blue Chamomile)ArOmis
Our organic blue chamomile oil is steam-distilled from the flowers of the German chamomile plant (Matricaria recutita). Blue German chamomile oil differs from green chamomile oil in that it contains more of the powerful component, chamazulene. Chamazulene is a powerful anti-inflammatory and is what gives this oil its bright blue hue.
Blue chamomile has a stronger, sweeter aroma than its lighter counterparts, green German and Roman chamomile.
Chamomile is best known as a sedative, but it has plenty of other uses.
Uses & Benefits
- Chamomile is incredibly powerful when it comes to relaxation. Use it in a diffuser or hot bath to combat stress and tension.
- Chamomile oil can help to soothe the skin and promote the healing of blemishes and sores.
- Use blue chamomile heavily diluted in a natural carrier oil as part of a natural beauty regime.
- Soothe sores muscles with a massage oil made from German chamomile, cypress, and helichrysum oil blended in a natural carrier oil.
- Create a linen spray out of chamomile, cedarwood, lavender, and ylang-ylang oil for a restful sleep.
- Take advantage of chamomile’s antiseptic and anti-inflammatory benefits for sore throats, coughs, bronchitis, sinusitis, stomach problems, tooth infections, muscle spasms, and insomnia.
The chamomile plant is in the same family as ragweed, and as such has the potential to cause allergies. Do not ingest this oil, and take precautions if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Always dilute if you are using this oil topically. ArOmis German chamomile essential oil is certified organic in Switzerland. Our essential oils are imported from our partner in South Africa. In the spirit of responsible business practices and environmental stewardship, we do our best to encourage fair trade and sustainable farming practices.
If you have questions about any of our products, just let us know -- we’re happy to answer!
- Botanical Name:
- Matricaria Recutita
- Parts Used:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled