German Chamomile Essential Oil (Green)ArOmis
ArOmis green chamomile essential oil is steam-distilled from the flower of the German chamomile plant (Matricaria recutita).
Green chamomile oil differs from blue chamomile oil in that it typically contains less of the active component called chamazulene, a factor that also influences price. This component is produced as the oil is distilled from the flower, and is not actually in the plant. Most of us are familiar with the chamomile plant as a common ingredient in a relaxing herbal tea, but it has so many other incredible health benefits and uses.
Aromatically, German chamomile has a mild floral or grassy smell resembling straw.
Uses & Benefits
- Chamomile is a sedative and can be used for relaxation, combat stress, and tension.
- Chamomile may help with sleep when used in a diffuser overnight. Try blending it with Cedarwood and lavender for this purpose.
- Chamomile oil is an anti-inflammatory and can help with many skin conditions, including ulcers, sores, and eczema.
- May be useful for treating back pain, arthritis, sore throats, coughs, sinus problems, and headaches.
- For relaxing massage oil, try german chamomile with cypress and helichrysum in a carrier oil.
- Create a linen spray out of chamomile, cedarwood, lavender, and ylang-ylang oil.
The chamomile plant is in the same family as ragweed, and as such has the potential to cause allergies. Take precautions if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and follow instructions on the label. Do not ingest essential oils, and dilute if using topically.
ArOmis German Chamomile essential oil is certified organic in Switzerland. Our essential oils are imported from our partner in South Africa. In the spirit of fair trade and environmental stewardship, we do our best to encourage fair trade and sustainable farming practices.
If you have questions about any of our products, we’re happy to answer.
- Botanical Name:
- Matricaria Recutita
- Parts Used:
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled
- Country of Origin:
- South Africa
- Plant Origin:
- South Africa