Frankincense Essential Oil - IndianArOmis
Our Indian frankincense is distilled from the resin of Boswellia serrata, a plant that grows in India and surrounding regions. Oil derived from the gum resin of these trees has been used traditionally for healing and spiritual purposes for centuries. Aromatically, frankincense has a strong woody musky scent which may be used in perfumes or colognes. The aroma is warm and grounding, but lighter than that of North African frankincense.
Frankincense offers plenty of potential for natural wellness due to its potent anti-bacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Uses & Benefits
- Massage a few drops into the feet for grounding and calm.
- Blend with myrrh, cedarwood to create a relaxation balm to massage on the neck.
- Add frankincense to your glass aroma diffuser or rub a few drops into your hands for focus and concentration.
- The antimicrobial and antiinflammatory nature of frankincense makes it great for sores and wounds.
- Use as part of homemade skin lotions to reduce the appearance of lines and brighten skin.
- May help alleviate symptoms of coughs, fevers, colds and flus.
- Antifungal properties make it a good treatment for nail fungus.
- Frankincense can reduce depression and improve feelings of connection with others.
Boswellic acid, a key component in frankincense, has been studied for its anti-cancer properties. Because it has so many uses and applications, the frankincense tree populations are vulnerable.
ArOmis Indian Frankincense essential oil is certified organic in India. Indian frankincense is a more abundant and more sustainable source of frankincense than that of other countries especially Yemen and the middle east where Holy Frankincense is becoming endangered.
At ArOmis, we do our best to support fair trade and small farms to ensure fair trade practices. If you have questions about the source of this oil or any other, we’re happy to help.
This oil is heavenly, but like some oils needs to be thinned with Everclear or another thinning agent, as it can clog the Diffuser orifice-John in Texas