Tea Tree Essential OilArOmis
Our organic tea tree essential oil is steam-distilled from the Melaleuca alternifolia tree. This tree, native to Australia, has long been used traditionally by Australian Aboriginal people. Since the 1980s, it has been produced commercially around the world.
Tea tree oil is one of the most well-known and widely used of all essential oils and has been used to treat burns, cuts, and infections. It’s also been used in surgery and dental care. Today, you'll find tea tree oil as a common ingredient in cosmetics, soaps, and body care products.
Aromatically, tea tree is strong and herbaceous. It blends well with oils in the mint and citrus families.
Uses & Benefits
- Take advantage of the tea tree’s antibacterial and antiseptic qualities by using it (diluted) for wounds or skin irritations.
- Use in a diffuser, hot bath, or steam bowl to help treat bronchitis, coughs, colds, and flu.
- For glowing skin, blend tea tree with frankincense and lemon oil and use it as part of your daily skin routine.
- Create a DIY anti-fungal spray for feet and/or scalp by combining a few drops of tea tree with apple cider vinegar in a small spray bottle.
- Create a rejuvenating and detoxifying essential oil diffuser blend with tea tree oil, lemon, eucalyptus, and peppermint.
Tea tree oil can be pungent and may be too strong for people who have sensitive skin. Always use diluted, and keep it away from sensitive areas. This oil may be toxic if ingested. If you are new to the world of aromatherapy and you're not sure what to buy, tea tree is one of the most practical and powerful oils. We recommend keeping some in your cupboard at all times!
All of our organic oils are certified by internationally recognized agencies, and are third-party tested for purity.
- Botanical Name:
- Melaleuca Alternifolia
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- South Africa
- Tracking Method:
- Batch No, Date
- Plant Origin:
- South Africa