Organic Helichrysum Italicum Essential OilArOmis
ArOmis’ helichrysum italicum essential oil is steam-distilled from the Helichrysum italicum species, one of 200 varieties of the plant. We source our helichrysum oil from Madagascar. Helichrysum essential oil offers a range of rejuvenating and restorative health benefits and is most often associated with skin health. It is an amazing antiseptic for cleansing and purifying, and may also make a great aphrodisiac.
The gentle, soothing oil with a mild, fruity aroma is a nice choice for your diffuser if you or others in your household are sensitive to stronger scents.
Uses & Benefits
- Blend helichrysum essential oil with lavender (around 10 drops each) into a half cup of carrier oil for a calming and healing topical massage oil.
- Use few drops each of helichrysum, tea tree, and peppermint for an effective natural mouthwash (do not ingest).
- Use diluted as an antiseptic to treat burns and wounds.
- Use helichrysum to reduce the appearance of hives, rashes, scars, wrinkles, dermatitis, and bruises.
- Blend with lavender, clary sage, or cypress oil for a skin-healing and soothing topical massage oil.
- Helichrysum oil may help to calm the stomach. Inhale directly to ease acid reflux, constipation, bloating, and cramping.
- There is some evidence that helichrysum can be a diuretic, making it potentially helpful for kidney and gall stones.
- Helichrysum has antiviral properties and may be helpful for those suffering from is immune-related health problems such as HIV.
- Blend a little bit of this oil with frankincense and coconut oil to brighten your skin and fight signs of aging.
Helichrysum oil is generally safe to use. We do not recommend ingesting any essential oil. Use with caution if you have specific medical problems, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you have questions about this oil or any of our other products, please let us know!
- Botanical Name:
- Helichrysum Italicum
- Parts Used:
- Flowering Top
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled