Helichrysum Gymnocephalum Essential OilArOmis
Our helichrysum gymnocephalum essential oil is steam-distilled from the Helichrysum gymnocephalum species, one of 200 varieties of the plant. ArOmis’ helichrysum oil is sourced from Madagascar. The helichrysum plant is part of the sunflower family. Traditional uses include treatment of allergies, coughs, inflammation, and insomnia.
This oil has been used for centuries to fight colds and coughs, and its anti-inflammatory properties also make it a good choice for soothing sore muscles and joints. As such, when used topically it may offer natural relief to those who suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia.
Uses & Benefits
- May be used to treat skin problems like varicose veins, dermatitis, bruises, hives, rashes, age spots, and scars.
- Use a few drops of helichrysum oil in your DIY mouthwash to help with gingivitis.
- Apply helichrysum regularly to bruises to reduce the appearance and size.
- May be useful in treating stomach problems like acid reflux, constipation, bloating, and cramping.
- Studies show that the helichrysum plant has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties.
- Helichrysum is an effective antiviral and may offer support with immune-related health problems such as HIV and herpes simplex.
- You may add a few drops to a bath or use a few drops in an aromatherapy diffuser to boost your mood and calm your nerves.
- Blend a little bit of this oil with frankincense and dilute it into coconut oil to brighten your skin and fight signs of aging.
Helichrysum is very safe to use for most people. But do take extra precautions if you have blood problems, if you’ve recently undergone surgery, or if you have gallstones or related issues. Don’t give young children or pregnant women or breastfeeding. If you have questions about helichrysum gymnocephalum or any of our other 100% pure essential oils, please reach out -- we’re happy to help!
- Botanical Names:
- Helichrysum Gymnocephalum
- Parts Used:
- Flowering Top
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled