Organic Black Pepper Essential OilArOmis
Our organic black pepper oil is extracted from the fruit (seeds) of the black pepper plant (Piper nigrum). Though some 95% of all black pepper in the world is grown in southern India, black pepper oil is derived from the same plant as the popular cooking spice used in most parts of the world. Aromatically this oil smells like the herb we add to our food every day -- it’s spicy, warm, and slightly bitter. However, the oil tends to have a fresher, fruity tone.
Pepper and its oil is a great food preservative due to its antimicrobial properties. Therapeutically, it’s a stimulant that is great for helping digestion, promoting alertness, and detoxifying. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory and may even help to lower cholesterol.
Uses & Benefits
- Use pepper essential oil as part of a warm compress to ease inflammation and stimulate circulation.
- Inhale black pepper oil directly to relieve headaches, colds, and coughs.
- For a warm, uplifting diffuser blend, try mixing pepper with bergamot, clove, sandalwood, or cedarwood.
- Inhale to relieve depression and reduce nicotine cravings.
- Pepper is an excellent appetite stimulant and digestive aid. Use it to combat almost any stomach ailment, including constipation, gas, and IBS.
- Blend black pepper oil with lavender and peppermint oil to help with muscle pain.
- Pepper may boost serotonin, reduce cholesterol, and lower blood pressure.
Surprisingly, black pepper oil doesn’t make people sneeze like the spice can, which means that those who are allergic to the spice can usually tolerate black pepper oil. ArOmis Black Pepper essential oil is certified organic in India. Black pepper oils are of very high quality when sourced and distilled very close to the origin of the plant.
Each distillation batch is tested using a gas chromatography testing machine before it is bottled and sent to the USA.
- Botanical Name:
- Piper Nigrum
- Extraction Method:
- Steam Distilled
- Parts Used:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Origin: